Monday, February 28, 2011

Panama Eve

Well, after months of anticipation, the time for my journey to Panama has finally arrived.  Tomorrow, I fly down to the country where I will live for the next 10 months on a Fulbright English Teaching Assistantship.  In a few weeks, classes will start at the university where I will be working: La Universidad Autonoma de Chiriqui in David, Panama. Until then, it is time to explore, get a feel for the culture, and find a place to live.

What I know: what university I'll be working at, the city I'm going to live in, some background history on the Panama Canal, and 1 person 7 hours away.

What I don't know: anybody within 7 hours, almost anything about Panama besides the Canal, where I'm going to live in the city, what exactly my responsibilities will be at the university, how big their spiders really are, and basically everything else.

So feel free to follow me on this blog throughout my time down in Panama as I'll update you on this search for answers with stories, pictures and videos.  Take care and love you all.

2 comments:

  1. http://gocentralamerica.about.com/od/wildlifeconservation/ig/Panama-Insects-Gallery/JumpingSpiderBig.htm


    I think panamanian spiders are about that size...good luck :) haha
    Have fun and be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha thanks so much mariana, had nightmares for a week of that thing staring at me. check out my new fbook album and i saw/read about this wasp that eats tarantulas..i have a new appreciation for wasps all around the world

    ReplyDelete